What Are You Up To?

My real website: www.whatareyouguysupto.com.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Mothers Day To Me

Takes me a lot to blog these days, mostly because I blog for my nonprofit, for my business, for other people's business and our Rotary club. That's a whole lotta bloggin. Anyway, it's Saturday morning and I await a reporter for Central Minnesota Women's Mag to do a story about my work with 200 Orphanages. That is going well and I am pleased to talk about it anytime.

It is such fun to have a passion that really matters to someone, and well I think God likes it too. One of his only directives to us is to care for the widows and orphans. So, there you go, can't be any clearer. They don't have anyone to care for them and we are God's hands in that work.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and well, I guess I am blogging about Mother's Day. I am so bless to have four daughters, three sons in laws and 10 grandchildren and counting. This really fills my heart with joy. Happy mother's day to me. (This part was written before Mothers day, the following after.)

It wasn't really the best of days for me, and this little story is the icing on the cake if you will.

Mr. D and I were traveling to the cities to honor his mother on this special day. In tribute to her, she has been my mother too for almost 37 years... well... as long as I have been living... cough cough.
Anyway, the first day I met her we clicked. My visual memory has me in her small kitchen wiping dishes as she washed. We chatted and talked as if we were old friends... I was it seems part of the family already, at least it felt like it. Who knew? It wouldn't be long that we would be telling her she was going to be a grandmother...  and the rest is history. 

Anyway, we stopped off at my new favorite nursery in Elk River on the way to the Twin Cities. Cheri and I had just spent some time there the day before to see what we would want to grow this summer. I got a great parking spot right next to the door and we jumped out of the car and browsed.

On Mother's Day it was cold and rainy as Mr. D looked for a parking spot. We drove around a car parked in the parking lot blocking an empty parking spot and blocking the two cars on either side, right next to the door. It would have been nice for someone to be able to park there, as it was cold and rainy and he was apparently waiting in his car. He was apparently in a hurry, so couldn't bother parking, nor letting anyone else use that space. Also, people leaving had do go around him. Sigh.
Anyway... I had guns blazing most of the morning and as I had little to lose, I thought I'd at least ask him if he knew he was blocking a parking space. I after all am the parking attendant.

So, as other cars drove around him trying to get out, I stood in the rain and knocked on his window. He unrolled it half way. "I was wondering if you knew that you are blocking a parking space?" I asked as nicely as I could, offering, "You could move ahead so at least someone could park in this spot if you aren't going to. He said back at me, "Well I just dropped my mother off to get something. I hope you're having a Happy F'ing Mother's Day."

What a son! Dropping his mom off at the flower store so she could buy herself a flower. How lucky for her... Self Serve Mother's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home